Useful Links


Getting Started. The first thing you need to do is apply for your driving licence. You can apply up to 3 months before your 17th Birthday.

Apply online for a first provisional driving licence

Driving Standards Agency

Book your theory test online

The Highway code

Know your traffic signs

Check current theory and practical test fees

Take an official practice theory driving test

Check, change or cancel your theory test online

The DSA video "Are you ready for the theory test"

Book your practical test online

Check, change or cancel your practical driving test online

*If you wish to cancel a test if you're not going to be ready / available you must carry out at least 3 working days in advance or you will lose the test fee.

If you want to check for cancellations to bring test closer you should confirm with your Instructor to see if their available to take you.

The DSA video which includes independent driving

Pass Plus scheme for car drivers

Aimed at new drivers to help become better drivers. Gain experience in more challenging driving conditions than what would have been carried out during standard driving lessons, including on Motorways where provisional holders are not allowed. Consider this when you’ve passed as you can often get a big discount on your car insurance. No test is needed and you may be able to do the course with your driving instructor.

Tips for cheaper car insurance for young drivers

Only Young Drivers

Only Young Drivers provides cheap car insurance for young drivers by using a unique over the phone risk assessment application and Only Young Drivers gives young motorists a quote based on their own merits.

Only Young Drivers Insurance

Brake Road Safety

Every 30 seconds someone, somewhere in the world, is killed in a road crash. The misery of road deaths and injuries and the pollution caused by vehicles is a shameful epidemic that must end. Brake campaigns to stop the carnage and supports the victims.

Brake Road Safety Website

Covered Insurance

Covered Learner Driver insurance is an insurance policy, only for learner drivers, which is entirely separate from the car owner's motor policy and provides insurance in the event of an accident when a learner driver is learning to drive.

Covered Insurance